Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Those Darn French And Their Bâtonnet!

Finally we got to cook something! After a scintillating video on parasites, bacteria and fungi, we finally got to break out our kits and demonstrate our knife skills!

Mine suck.

Seriously, I had no idea it’d be so hard to cut a frickin’ potato! In nice straight lines, we had to make a perfect small dice, then make French fries. For cryin’ out loud, if I can’t even cut a potato straight…!

But mmmm, the French fries were good! I’m glad at least some of the folks in our class were better at it than me. ☺

It’s a pretty fun class, too. On just the second day people are relaxing and getting to know each other, and we’re a pretty friendly group. In all honesty, I’ve had that whole ‘am I gonna fit in’-nervousness thing goin’ on since I signed up, but I can ditch that as this is a real easy group of people to get along with.

But hey, in that French fry frame of mind, I found a list of the best-voted fries in Chicago. It’s from ’07, but a quick search ‘round the ‘net shows most of these places are still in business:

http://chicago.citysearch.com/bestof/winners/2007/french_fries

So there it is. Now I’m hungry.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment